Everyone has their own tips and tricks for their skin care regime. Some use branded creams, serums and others prefer to use homemade skincare or even high street drugstore brands.
What I prefer is following the basic and simple homemade skincare regimes. There are various other factors also which contribute to give you clear and glowing skin. So here I will tell you all my unbiased 10 best tips which will help you to get that clear skin which you are longing for!
I too, like yourself no doubt have tried and tested many products over time and have concluded that skin care especially as you get older is so important! Too many of us are guilty of spending a small fortune on skincare products but not nearly enough on skincare, its time to change that!
Please keep reading about these tried and tested tips to see what may work for you – they are cheap and easy to implement but highly effective. The best skin care routine steps
- - DRINKING LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER: This is the most effective tip! Simple and free! Aim to drink at least 3–4 litres of water. It really works, having a clean stomach is very important for having clear skin. (Bonus tip - Drink warm water with honey and lemon twice in the morning and at night. It will also help curb appetite, increase metabolism and help eliminate belly fat with continued consumption)
2. SUNSCREEN (SPF) IS A MUST: I can't stress enough about this fact! It is again a must for keeping your face spot free. We all know that sun is the bitter enemy of our skin even I have been subjected to its cruelty as much I love the sun / heat. I never gave this a second thought in my early twenties and as a result of my own negligence I now have pigmentation on my face. I also used to think it is a waste of money to invest on sunscreens (because a good Sunscreen protection can be pricey) but years later I researched and gained the knowledge that I needed, to protect my skin before wearing makeup or going out in the sun! and after having used it for quite a while now I can assure you it works. My pigmentation has reduced
- - EAT HEALTHY: Now guys you must have heard the saying “you are what you eat! " well if that isn’t true! Our body comprises of up to 60% water and the skin is made up of approximately 64%.Its basic maths – we are predominantly WATER! Add green leafy vegetables, proteins and good fats to your diet, avoid eating junk constantly. It's not that I don't eat it at all, but I try to eat it in moderation! Try to eat as clean as possible. I guess this could also be healthy skin tips for the face
- – EXERCISE / WORKOUT: Now this too plays an important role to give you the skin of your choice. Don’t be looking for best products for dull skin, Make it a point to exercise at least 5 days a week minimum 3 times or do some other activities that you enjoy which will increase your heart rate in turn burning fat / calories.
KEEP READING – AS ALL THESE TIPS WILL AID IN GOOD SKIN!
- - SLEEP WELL: A good amount of sleep shows on your face and skin in general, getting between 8 – 10 hours will keep you fresh and rejuvenated. You will feel energetic and look well rested – there is nothing worse than tired, overly dry skin!
6.- FOLLOW HOMEMADE SKINCARE REGIMES: Make it a point to apply any of the following home-made face packs at least once a week. (Go on pamper yourself – your skin deserves it!)
7.Mint and turmeric face pack: Grind a handful of mint leaves and add a dash of turmeric powder to it. Mix a few drops of lukewarm or cold water, whichever your skin prefers and apply the paste on your skin. Leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off.
Cucumber and sugar face pack: Add a dash of sugar in mashed cucumber slices. Refrigerate them for some time. Once it is cool, apply the paste on your face. It will make your skin glow as it soothes and hydrates it well
Lemon and honey face pack: This will particularly help you ward off overly oily skin. mix equal parts of lemon juice and honey, preferably a tablespoon of each, with an egg white and mix them thoroughly. Keep it on your face for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it away with water, patting dry with a face cloth.
Curd and gram flour face pack: Curd and gram flour both are very good for whitening the sun damaged skin and recovering its essential glow. Mix both in roughly equal parts. Apply to your face or wherever you would like to de-tan, including your arms or legs. Let the pack dry. Once dry, rinse it away with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Banana face mask: Mash half a banana, add one tablespoon of honey and one and a half tablespoon of sour cream. Apply it evenly on your skin and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it away with lukewarm water. Your skin will become much smoother and hydrated.
Sandalwood and rosewater pack: Mix sandalwood with rose water and apply on your skin once every week. This will soothe your skin and will also help in de-tanning.
Tomato pulp face pack: Get tomato pulp from a tomato and add in it a drop of honey. Apply the paste wherever you want to de-tan and leave for about 15 minutes. Wash it with cold water.
These are some of the remedies which I have tried on myself and they really work. Whether it be for pigmentation, de-tanning, or for good healthy-looking skin!
- APPLY MINIMAL MAKEUP: Try to use as less makeup as possible. Once you start reducing the skin products you will see the difference yourself and there will be no looking back! Au-natural is big these days! However, if you love a good face beat like me – then go right ahead, just make sure your removing your make up in the correct manner, cleansing, toning and making sure you have removed all traces of the makeup. Don’t forget to ALWAYS moisturise first before applying any makeup!
- BE HAPPY: staying happy first and foremost is key! our body needs this from us. Once you start changing your mindset to being happy - stress-free you will yourself feel and look good. If we feel good from within this will show in our skin, health and wellbeing.
SPEND LESS TIME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND UTILISE THE TIME FOR YOUR WELLBEING: The more you indulge on social media platforms the more you start judging your life based on images portrayed to us via influencers / bloggers, celebrities, models etc and the more you start having issues with yourself. We all like to shut off from reality and like to read, watch reviews, videos, latest trends but over time it is very easy to become addicted to spending far too much time on social media via our phones/ tablets / laptops. The obvious being it is bad for our eyes, more ultimately bad for health, well-being and all skin types.
There are many high street skincare products which are also affordable and work well – be sure to test these products and give the product at least 2 – 3 months to see any results, as our skin takes time to adapt.
So, these were my 10 tips for the skincare list! I follow it and I have always got the results desired and I am sure you too will benefit!
Don’t forget to check out this website for more care for skin products and tips